- Diagnose fatty liver disease including non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- Diagnose autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cholangitis, and primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Diagnose vascular diseases/injury and drug/herbal-induced liver injury
- Availability of new medication(s) or indication(s)
- Advances in medical knowledge
Ettel MG, Appelman HD. Approach to the liver biopsy in the patient with chronic low-level aminotransferase elevation.s Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2018;142:1186-1190.
Aly FZ, Kleiner DE. Update on fatty liver disease and steatohepatitis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2011;18:294-300.