- Be able to recognize common benign mesenchymal polyps of the gastrointestinal tract
- Be able to recognize common mesenchymal tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- Understand recent developments in gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
- Advances in medical knowledge
- New advances in pathologic analysis
- New methods of diagnosis or treatment
Doyle LA, Vivero M, Fletcher CDM, Mertens F, et al. Nuclear expression of STAT6 distinguishes solitary fibrous tumor from histologic mimics. Mod Pathol. 2014;27:390-395.
Rittenhaus AC, Appelman HD. Benign gastrointestinal mesenchymal BUMPS: a brief review of some spindle cell polyps with published names. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2011;135:1311-1319.
Core Competencies: 2,3,6